- Trivia Time – Sittin’ February 9, 2018
He may have been “(Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay,” but he also wrote the anthem made famous by Aretha Franklin and that serves as a highlight in the Off-Broadway hit The Marvelous Wonderettes, “RESPECT.” Who is he?Continue reading →
- Trivia Time – Berry Gordy February 9, 2018
Berry Gordy’s accomplishments and life are chronicled in what jukebox musical that premiered on Broadway in 2013?
- Trivia Time – Heat Wave February 9, 2018
Heat Wave was recorded on the Gordy label, which was a subsidiary of Motown. What is the
full name of “Gordy” and what was he famous for?
- Trivia Time – Leader of the Pack January 27, 2018
“Leader of the Pack,” which is featured in The Marvelous Wonderettes, was a number one hitContinue reading →
for The Shangri-Las in 1965. What pop music genre is this song classified under?
- Trivia Time – The Marvelous Wonderettes – Sugartime January 25, 2018
Continuing from last week and for the next few weeks we’ll feature theatre trivia related to the 1950s and 60s and the hit Off-Broadway musical comedy The Marvelous Wonderettes. Here’s our next question.
What American trio sang the hit “Sugartime” and in what year?”Continue reading →
- Friday Trivia Time: The Marvelous Wonderettes January 19, 2018
Friday Trivia Time! – Featuring: The Marvelous Wonderettes!
Who originally sang the 1963 hit song featured in The Marvelous Wonderettes “You Don’t Own Me?”Continue reading →
- Trivia Time – The Marvelous Wonderettes January 18, 2018
The next few weeks we’ll feature theatre trivia related to the 1950s and 60s and the hit Off-Broadway musical comedy The Marvelous Wonderettes. Here’s our first question. Follow us on Twitter for more fun trivia!
What American girl group recorded the number one song “Leader of the Pack?”
- Theatre Trivia Tweet: Desperate Love August 21, 2015
This naturalistic drama, which was first penned by Emile Zola, focuses on a young wife and her lover who conspire to brutally kill her husband.Continue reading →
- Theatre Trivia Tweet: Desert Relationship August 19, 2015
This Sam Shepard play focuses on former lovers May and Eddie and their chance meeting in a Mohave Desert motel.Continue reading →
- Theatre Trivia Tweet: O’Neill’s Family Portrait August 17, 2015
O’Neill’s Pulitzer Prize winning play that was produced after his death and focused very specifically on his family, and his mother’s drug addiction.Continue reading →
- Theatre Trivia Tweet: Passion and a Three-Time Tony Winner August 14, 2015
He has won the Tony Award for Best Book of a Musical three times, for Into the Woods, Falsettos, and Passion and the 1985 Pulitzer Prize for Drama for Sunday in the Park with George. What is his name?Continue reading →
- Theatre Trivia Tweet: They Keep Pulling Him Back August 12, 2015
Al Pacino has appeared in about a dozen Broadway shows. His next one will be David Mamet’s new play China Doll. His first Broadway appearance was in 1969. What play was he in?
- Theatre Trivia Tweet: Riding the Playboy Wave August 10, 2015
What Irish playwright wrote Riders to the Sea and The Playboy of the Western World?Continue reading →
- Theatre Trivia Tweet: Time Does Fly When the Rent Is Due July 31, 2015
How many minutes in a year and from what song in Rent do we get that fact?Continue reading →
- Theatre Trivia Tweet: How High Is THAT corn? July 31, 2015
According to the lyric of “Oh, What a Beautiful Morning,” how high is the corn and high tall might it grow?Continue reading →
- Theatre Trivia Tweet: The Mystery of Rupert Holmes July 29, 2015
Rupert Holmes, the multi-talented artist, penned the Tony winning musical The Mystery of Edwin Drood. Holmes was first known as a pop singer/songwriter. His first international hit was “Timothy” recorded by the Buoys. What is “Timothy” about?Continue reading →
- Theatre Trivia Tweet: Amazing Grace Writer July 27, 2015
The musical Amazing Grace focuses on the man, who was the son of a slave trader, who penned that song. What is his name?Continue reading →
- Theatre Trivia Tweet: Not So Good to be the King July 17, 2015
In Shakespeare’s King Lear, which of his three daughters really does love him and is true to him?Continue reading →
- Theatre Trivia Tweet: What a Riot! July 15, 2015
On May 10, 1949, the Astor Place Riot took place outside the Astor Opera House where a performance was to occur. There were more than 120 injured and 25 people we killed. What two feuding actors fueled the animosity for this night of violence?Continue reading →
- Theatre Trivia Tweet: Greg, Kate and…? July 13, 2015
In this A.R. Gurney play Greg finds a new companion, which upsets his wife, Kate. The name of that companion is the same as the title of the play. What’s the name?Continue reading →