- The study guide is interactive with over 400 links provided to outside sources, original video interviews and other information.
- The 170-plus video clips of the original New York cast, the creative team, producers and others, give unique insights into the production and its development.
- The extensive Projects section offers three levels of projects that are layered
- Most topics are covered in each of three levels
- You may do all three levels focusing on a particular topic or choose to have the class work on one or two levels.
- Although a Level II project builds upon a Level I and a Level III builds upon a Level II, any project at any level may be done alone.
- The manner in which projects conform to and reflect Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts & Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects is clearly delineated in each of the Teacher Instruction sheets included in the guide.
This study guide offers sections on issues such as Loss, Grief, Belief and the Paranormal; Bullying and Communication and Relationships and on artistic areas that include the book, lyrics and music; performance style and orchestrations and arrangements. There’s also an entire section devoted to each character in the show.